|Published||May 13, 2022|
|Location||Sterling Heights, MI|
Job Title: Cyber Security Specialist
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Cyber Security Specialist at Test Products will work closely with Engineering, management, project management and requires a comprehensive knowledge of job functions, proficiency in applying sound engineering, security and IT principals; a working knowledge of industry practices, standards, and equipment; ability to develop and implement all aspects of multiple assigned projects; use of independent judgment; enhanced verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work with minimal supervision. This is an entry level position that will be supported by an existing IT team.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. However, the Cyber Security Specialist is expected to dedicate the time required to meet the company’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Test PC based software applications, and combinations of applications to ensure interoperability and performance, then document the findings.
- Document Cybersecurity policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Work with suppliers and customers on Cybersecurity issues and compliance
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
- Organizational, detail, and follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sharp performer and passionate for growth
- Accepting responsibilities and result-driven
- Capabilities to provide presentations and communicate clearly with clients
- Good written communications skills, including the ability to create documents with proper grammar and spelling.
- Excellent sense of IT fundamentals and industry best practices
- Knowledge of PC’s, Windows software, security fundamentals
- Understand Hyper-V and virtualization fundamentals, deployment, imaging, and resource management
- Working with engineers, management and other team members to complete projects on time
- Involvement with presentations and seminars
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT, Cybersecurity, and network administration
- Net+ and/or A+ certifications
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure
- Experience with PC software configuration, and maintenance
- Experience with PC and network setup, maintenance, and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows administration.
Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with management, customers, and employees as needed.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve technical problems and resolve issues. Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential for this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents, up to 25 lbs, or store materials throughout the workday.
The performance of this position may require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.