|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
To Apply (Contractor Position): DO NOT APPLY ONLINE! Submit resume via an e-mail sent directly to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Position: Cyber Security Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Location: DC Cook Nuclear Plant, Bridgman, MI
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to work at our client’s site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time contract position. As a Cyber Security Specialist you will design, modify, develop, write and implements cyber security remediation plans. You will be responsible for cyber security remediation plans for various infrastructure components in an enterprise environment. Works from identified vulnerability specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This work is performed primarily in the office with some work in the plant buildings. We are seeking local candidates only.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize established tools and guidelines to remediate cyber vulnerabilities.
- Implement patches or configure devices in a Windows enterprise environment to secure assets against cyber vulnerabilities.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Assist with identifying and correcting software defects.
- Investigate technical specifications and develop test plans.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
- Collaborate with management and staff members related to projects and tasks.
- Collaborate with colleagues concerning development and implementation of cyber remediation plans.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 2 years IT Cyber Security related field experience, or High School Diploma/GED with 4 years Cyber Security related experience.
- 2 years Cyber Security experience, with Cyber Security certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CEH, ECSA, or SSCP.
- Cyber security principals primarily experienced in Microsoft (MS) technologies.
- Experience with configuration of Windows Servers (2012 – 2019)
- Registry configurations
- Active Directory Services components
- Active Directory shares, permissions and service accounts
- Event logs / auditing
- Active Directory - GPO / authentication / authorization (groups)
- Understanding of Vulnerability bulletins and patching practices on various infrastructure platforms.
- Understanding of Network technologies such as drivers and protocols (SSH, DNS, NTP, TLS, RDP)
- Understanding / experience with Web servers such as IIS or Apache
- Understanding / experience with RDBS systems such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Understanding / experience with endpoint security (anti-virus and firewalls)
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.
- Are a candidate local to the area
TBD (this is a long term contract position)
no relocation cost or per diem