|Date Posted||March 22, 2021|
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position:
Cyber Security Specialist - Technology Services
The Cyber Security Specialist looks for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software and protects information from theft, illegal duplication, and unauthorized access. Protects information on computer networks, cloud servers, mobile devices, and payment software. Reports to the Chief Information Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Provides security monitoring and incident response services as required by the College.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Acts as internal expert on matters relating to intrusion detection and incident response.
- Leads investigations into network intrusions and other cyber security breaches. Provides a coordinated response to complex cyber-attacks that threaten the College’s assets, intellectual property, and computer systems.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support the College’s cyber security program.
- Implements security improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Operates security monitoring and incident toolsets with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Researches and recommends solutions for incident response and digital forensics.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing related publications.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines as appropriate. Adheres to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, information systems or related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in information security, specifically with penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response, or digital forensics required.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge including hardware, software, and networks required.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts required.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g., Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk) required.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions required.
- Experience coordinating complex response activities with an IT services department required.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).