|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Specialist to support our corporate office located in Ohio. The selected applicant can work either from the corporate office location, or remote/telework/virtual from any location within the state of Ohio. This position will require up to 50% travel to customer locations.
The Cyber Security Specialist will meet, test, assess, and report on customer enterprise IT systems. The primary responsibility of the specialist will be assisting customer organizations in obtaining independent third party certifications of their enterprise systems relative to the Department of Defense (DoD) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) model.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
• Conduct CMMC assessments and gap analysis on customers’ IT systems.
• Evaluate and find the most efficient way to protect the system, networks, software, data and information systems against any potential attacks.
• Provide technical assistance in developing, coordinating, and processing risk assessments.
• This includes creating, inspecting, reviewing policies and procedures, identifying shortfalls, making recommendations, and writing assessment reports.
• Review system/system related initiatives for architectural sufficiency and identify any issues to the security manager.
• Implement vulnerability testing, threat analyses, and security checks.
• Give professional guidance to security teams.
• Calculate accurate cost estimations and categorize integration issues for IT project teams.
• Present NIST/CMMC requirements to business owners and security managers.
• Deploy system policies and procedures for enterprise systems.
• Deploy network sniffers across the network.
• Research new threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities that may affect IT infrastructure, and ways to identify and protect against them.
• Investigate potential cyber-attacks and intrusion attempts.
• Provide risk consultation to requests for contractors, evaluations, and questionnaires.
• Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
cyber security, firewall reports, vulnerability assessment, patching systems, presentation and communication skills
Top Skills Details:
• Excellent Communication Skill (Written & Verbal): Ability to translate technical language into language and requirements that a small business owner will understand
• Must be able to customize and analyze vulnerability reports
• Technical Proficiencies: Patching systems, limited incident response, firewall reports, Access Control Lists (ACL’s), and running vulnerability software
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security or a related field preferred.
• Four (4)+ years of additional experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (ALL NICE TO HAVE):
• Must meet DoD 8140/DoDD 8170.01 IAM Level I standards. This position requires one (1) of the certifications listed below:
• Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
• Certified Network Defender (CND)
• GIAC Security Leadership (GSLC)
• CompTIA Cloud+
• CompTIA Security+ ce
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
• Must be able to present NIST/CMMC requirements to business owners and security managers.
• Must be able to customize and analyze vulnerability reports.
• Technical Proficiencies: Patching systems, limited incident response, firewall reports, Access Control Lists (ACL’s), and running vulnerability software.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.