|Date Posted||January 2, 2022|
Cyber Security SME
CGI has an exciting new opportunity to join a growing organization solving our customer's most difficult challenges delivering support to analytics, mission operations, software development, cybersecurity, and designing next generation systems. We are seeking a Cybersecurity SME to be a key contributor on a large software development effort. Put your years of experience into developing the future excellence at CGI Federal!
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Active Secret clearance.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, or related field.
• Must possess one (1) of the following certifications:
• GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
• In addition to the certification requirements identified above, candidates must also possess one (1) or more of the following certifications (Please Note: All certifications, including the ones listed above, must be current and active at the time the individual is on-boarded to support the contract. Certifications obtained by personnel to satisfy these requirements must remain active throughout the Period of Performance.):
• GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA)
• GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
• GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI)
• GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
• GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
• GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
• At least seven (7) years of specialized experience in Cyberspace Operations, Network Security, Computer Forensics, Network Forensics, CND, AS&W, Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Threat Hunting, Penetration Testing, Insider Threat Detection/Mitigation, or Incident Detection & Response. Candidates who possess a Master's Degree from an accredited institution in information technology, information assurance, information systems management, cybersecurity or related field can substitute education for two (2) years of experience to reduce this experience requirement to five (5) years of specialized experience.
• Experience leading a technical team focused on cybersecurity operations or insider threat operations in an IT environment consisting of On-Premise, Hybrid, or Cloud-based information systems.
• Proficient in collecting and analyzing information system artifacts to determine root cause and assess impact of security events and incidents.
• Demonstrates proficiency in communication skills (both written and oral).
• Applies knowledge of relevant standards, laws, regulations, and best practices to AS&W, CND, Cybersecurity Incident Response, or Insider Threat Detection/Mitigation methodologies.
• Skill in using security event correlation tools (e.g. SIEM, EDR, XDR, IDS, UEBA, DLP, etc.) to identify vulnerabilities and threats; including configuring and implementing rules, signatures, and alerts to detect malicious activity on an enterprise network.
• Skill in preserving and safeguarding electronic evidence; including documenting and tracking Chain of Custody during collection, analysis, and transfer protect integrity of electronic evidence.
• Knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, persistence, network exploitation, command & control, action on objectives, etc.) and proficient in implementing technical controls (or leading implementation) to deter, detect, or disrupt each of these stages.
• Knowledge of computer networking concepts, including the following and related networking concepts: security architecture concepts (e.g. topology, application of defense-in-depth etc.), protocols (TCP/IP, Internet Protocol, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System, Directory Services, etc.), command line operations, and other concepts as they pertain to network or host-based security.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.