|Location||Sterling Heights, MI|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
Job Title: Cyber Security Section Manager
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
*** Must have an Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance***
The function of this position is to manage the Cyber and Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) section with responsibility for Cyber and C5ISR architecture, technology, evaluation, testing and compliance across the US market and support the delivery of products and services to Ground Combat Platforms. The Cyber and C5ISR section manager will be responsible for developing this new organization within GDLS in partnership with engineering functional leadership, inclusive of direct leadership (Cyber, C5ISR and Vehicle Protection Systems Manager). This is an engineering management position to broadly execute guidance from platform Chief Engineer, Systems Engineering Manager, and functional management.
The following are the key duties and skills required:
- Exercise authority and responsibility for Cyber and C5ISR products and tasks to help integrate cross-functional technical scope within schedule and other constraints. Help project team to ensure a balanced, integrated, and compliant Cyber and C5ISR design across the vehicle system.
- Manage a functional section to support the planning, execution, and coordination development tasks during the design phase and physical and functional integration and test activities during the implementation phase.
- Manage the identification, development and implementation of platform cyber-physical design best practices, tools and education across the entire engineering enterprise. This will be done with a cross functional team of engineering and program disciplines and form the basis for developing a cyber security culture within the engineering organization.
- Participate in and lead design and integration troubleshooting/Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and problem report/test incident resolution for production, development, test, or modification projects.
- Develop and manage System requirements and interface allocations including Performance and Space, weight and Power-Cooling, Reliability and Maintenance (SWaP-CRaM), and enforce across the design team; develop system specification requirements compliance documentation.
- Manage and coordinate requirements, architectures and system designs and any changes, conditions, inputs and final resolution for requirements, trades, and alternatives.
- Manage, develop, support and conduct trade studies/structured decisions for system and subsystem design including system-level impacts to include balance of space, weight, power, cost, reliability, and performance across a Cyber, C5ISR vehicle suite.
- Oversee development of verification plans and manage their execution including test and production and field site shakedown and verification.
- Develop and evaluate checkpoint and design milestone artifacts and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and review to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with contract requirements.
- Coordinate with platform Design Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) where interface is required, such as in threat analysis, interface development and requirements decomposition and compliance.
- Evaluate new Cyber and C5ISR technologies for potential use on GDLS products.
- Manage and participate in peer reviews.
Position Requirements (candidates will be considered on the aggregate of the position requirements, it is not required that candidates possess experience in all categories)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, related science or equivalent (Relevant cyber technical certificates and management credentials will be considered)
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Experience leading engineering and/or military projects
- Experience in developing organizations
- Experience leading teams in technical development projects
- Experience in military vehicle development and integration
- Experience in interpreting higher level customer requirements and flowing them down to technology areas
- Experience in developing and managing system level cyber and/or C5ISR requirements
- Familiarity with various electrical line replaceable units and the development and troubleshooting of electronic hardware
- Experience with cyber warfare, offensive and/or defensive
- Experience with embedded systems, automotive and military related
- Experience with software and computer science principles
- Familiarity with cyber physical system security requirements
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Currently possess a Secret clearance, and currently has or the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Ability to travel (mostly domestic, some international) up to 15%
- Must satisfy Anthropometric Size Restrictions for access to military vehicles and be able to climb on vehicles and pass through hatches
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.