|Date Posted||October 3, 2019|
Ranked as a Fortune 100 company, this opening is for a Cyber Security Research Scientist. This has an estimated duration of 12-24 months. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these and are interested, please apply online.
Title: CYBER SECURITY RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Location: Charlotte, NC
Note: Candidate must be self-starter, self-motivated to deliver high quality, have great communication skills, be vocal participant, and be willing ask questions for learning and for clarity.
Duration: 12-24 months
Position Description: This position is a part of the Cyber Threat Management - Vulnerability Assessment Team.
- 5+ years of information security experience in converged testing (red teaming)
- 1+ year of experience in network, social, and physical domains
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: creating proof of concepts, creating exploits, or reverse engineering
- Expert Information Security technical skills
- Proficient in working with systems, networks, and application vulnerability testing
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address the most recent cyber threats
- Performs highly advanced computer security incident response activities and technical investigations of information security related incidents.
- Educates and guides defense teams through the attack and creates proof of concepts if necessary.
- Leads exploitation and post-exploitation of networks to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Acts as professional ethical penetration tester utilizing hacking tools to modify or create proof of concept exploits that mimic techniques of the most sophisticated attackers.
- Identifies vulnerabilities and associates those to a severity rating by deriving impact and ease of exploit.
- Using networking devices, appliance products, conducting web-based application penetration tests, logical security audits, hands-on technical security evaluations and implementations and developing custom penetration testing techniques and tools.
- Conducts security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate information security policies and adherence to best practices.
- Leads the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of the most complex computer network security/protection technologies for company information and network systems/applications.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities for the company's networks, application systems, hardware infrastructure and emerging technologies to improve the enterprise information security posture.
- Communicates to the line of business on the inherent risks, providing meaningful hardening and mitigation strategies.
- Provides leadership to principal engineers and supports special projects.
Adv Ref #: 556049