|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
Job ID: 54141
Our client is seeking a Cyber Security Liaison for a 1 year contract in Boston, MA. This liaison would focus on improving the overall Cyber Security posture for the Region which includes the following municipalities: Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Quincy, Revere, Somerville, and Winthrop.
A successful candidate will have at least seven years of IT experience and at least five years of Information Security experience. The position requires a balance of technical knowledge of information security along with strong project and task management skills. The candidate must have the ability to travel around the region.
1. Research and develop Information Security policies for each municipality and the region.
2. Implement and maintain an employee Cyber Security Awareness & Training program throughout the region.
3. Establish a baseline level of security that all municipalities should meet based on industry standards and best practices.
4. Assess and assist in mitigating system security threats and risks via a program life cycle.
5. Establish a working relationship with public safety officials and IT staff from municipalities within the region.
6. Facilitate quarterly cyber security meetings with regional IT personnel and weekly meetings with each municipality.
7. Provide advice and act as an Information Security subject matter expert for the region.
8. Manage internal and external communication with region stakeholders.
9. Coordinate regional cyber security related projects.
10. Perform related work as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology, Cyber Security, or related fields.
2. Minimum 7 years of IT experience.
3. Minimum 5 years of Information Security experience.
4. Working knowledge as the NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST 800-30 & 800-53, ISO 17799 & 27001, CJIS, HIPAA, FERPA, FIPS, and PCI-DSS.
5. Professional security certification strongly preferred, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, applicable SANs programs, or other industry certifications (i.e. Cisco, Microsoft, VMware).
6. MUST have a valid driver's license and ability to travel to the municipalities within the designated region
7. Hands-on experience with a variety of information security and network security solutions in strongly preferred.
8. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
9. Former public safety and local, state, and/or federal government experience preferred.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in Information Security.
11. Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
12. Strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to organize and express complex technical concepts in concise, understandable business terms using a variety of mediums.