|Date Posted||January 19, 2020|
The Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst reviews security events to identify and prioritize potential threats and identify trends utilizing various tools and technologies. Analyze available data sources, security tools, and threat trends to identify attacks against the enterprise. Perform incident response, issue resolution, assessment, and communication of security risks to the enterprise. The Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst recommends and implements defensive measures derived from information collected from a variety of sources. You will work closely with other teams within Cybersecurity and with IT Operations.
* Participate in the day-to-day security operations monitoring and response from the Cybersecurity Operations Center.
* Perform malware analysis, reverse engineering, and de-obfuscation techniques
* Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the Cybersecurity product suite, e.g. NGFWs, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Application Firewalls, NAC Solution, etc.
* Implement or recommend mitigations including the creation and development of new alerts and rules within the various cyber security tools.
* Be able to analyze and identify malicious activity during the various attack stages.
* Maintain a high level of technical expertise on Cyber Security defense-in-depth technology and best practices by performing ongoing research and engagement to maintain awareness of industry trends, best practices.
* Collaborate with the Cyber Security Engineering and IT Operations teams.
* Bachelor's degree
* 2 years of experience in Cybersecurity
* Familiar with common attack vectors, DDoS attacks, Phishing, web & application attacks, and malware
* Knowledge of common critical network protocols and layer 7 technologies such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, DNS, FTP, SSH, and others
* Familiar with a SIEM platform and various cyber security technologies such as EDR, AV, IDS/IPS, and WAFs
* Familiarity with advanced persistent threats and their tactics, techniques, and procedures
* Fundamental understanding of basic networking and troubleshooting concepts
* Experience with programming or scripting, including PowerShell, Java, Ruby, Bash, Python, Yara, and Perl
* Intermediate knowledge of incident response frameworks and handling procedures
* Knowledge of Cyber risks and threats related to Cyber attackers
* Knowledge of recent Cyber events and interpreting kill chain process and threat impacts
* Presentation, analytical, and critical-thinking skills