|Location||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|Date Posted||February 2, 2019|
Cyber-Security Ethical Hacker, Ft. Belvoir (ID# 14075)
Active Top Secret clearance required
Certified Ethical Hacker certification required
We are seeking a Ethical Hacker to assist the Mission Assurance Department in accomplishing scheduled Joint Mission Assurance Assessments (JMAA), Mobile Training Team events, special assessments, and Higher Headquarters Program Reviews coordinated by the Joint Staff J-3.
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company’s profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe’s citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
The Mission Assurance Assessment Program is designed to support commanders’ risk management processes, providing an assessment of potential risk to assets determined as critical to the execution of strategic missions.
For more information about Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs, please visit http://cherokee-cnsp.com/Pages/Home.aspx.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Network Defense vulnerability analysis, mitigation, and remediation regarding continuity of operations and/or disaster preparedness plans; configuration management, preventive maintenance and testing of OT, communication systems, and networks; ability of network to meet current and future communication needs.
- Evaluate communications, and network assets utilizing scanning tools, vulnerability monitoring, analysis, and detection services. Experience with tools and appliances such as Nessus, DoD Software Content Automation Protocol Tool, DHC ICS-CERT Cyber Security Evaluation Tool (CSET), GrassMarlin, Skybox, Flying Squirrel, Glasswire, Microsoft SysInternals Suite, OSForensics, FireEye Redline and SIEMs (Security Incident and Event Monitoring System), and Radio Frequency detection tools. Key locations for assessments include data and server facilities, system management centers, Cyber Program Offices, and Network and Security Operations Centers (NOSC).
- Extensive knowledge of the Cybersecurity program to include experience working with commercial and military networks and communication systems.
- Provides oral and written communication regarding deficiencies and methods of correction and renders technical advice regarding condition of networks and information systems at the computing, network, and enclave information technology environments.
- Knowledge of the threat (cyber and physical) posted by domestic and international terrorist organizations against United States personnel and interests with specific skills in analyzing these threats and devising countermeasures against them.
This position will not have supervisory authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Top SECRET / SCI eligible
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- C|EH, GSNA, or CISA
- Possess minimum set of professional information technology and security certifications at the CND-AU IAW DoDI 8570.01M
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate via written and oral means.
- Experience in the use of Access Database, Excel, and Word.
- Experience working with SharePoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
The duties of this position are performed in a climate controlled office environment. Occasional travel and overnight stay may be required.
View all of our open positions here: Cherokee Nation Businesses Careers
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.