Cyber security Engineer
|Published||March 7, 2023|
Designs, deploys, and operates systems, networks, applications, and tools that underpin cyber security and cyber defense. Provides integration of hardware, software, and other components to solve operational challenges for cyber defenders. Performs data and systems engineering functions to support cyber operations activities and systems. Engineers and deploys security and defensive countermeasures and controls. Ensures system security needed in operations are assessed, established, and included in design and development; executes security requirements definition, systems analysis, systems design, security hardening, security test and evaluation, and certification and accreditation. Supports operational systems and performs activities such as vulnerability scanning, network, and system security configuration, etc. Design and architecture of new approaches, methods and techniques for cyber defense and resiliency for information technology and operational technology systems and networks. May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- Perform supply chain integrity analyses and research
- Test and explore hardware and/or software for integrity and correct function
- Perform hardware or software reverse engineering
- Write analytically and present the results of findings
- Work well in a multidisciplinary team
- Applies basic S&E theories to well defined tasks with minimal oversight.
- Working locally as an individual contributor.
- Receives instruction on required tasks and reports results on time and on budget, while working under guidance from experienced staff.
- Work is conducted with a high standard of quality, safety, and security.
- Contributes to technical products.
- BS/BA with 0-1 years of experience
- MS/MA with 0 years of experience
- Relevant experience is defined as:
- Demonstrated ability to understand, deploy, and operate a range of cybersecurity tools
- Intermediate level knowledge in computer science and cyber security, experience with programming languages, and knowledge of supply chain analyses including hardware, software, and corporate research.
- Experience with hardware or software deconstruction, design, or reverse engineering
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with clients and laboratory scientific staff and management
- Strong analytic ability
- Basic red team or blue team experience
- Basic experience with operational technology (OT) or SCADA equipment
- Basic understanding of IoT technology and devices
- Wide understanding of current cybersecurity vulnerabilities and operational lansdscape