|January 21, 2023
|Fort Walton Beach, FL
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Administers cyber security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
* Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols.
* Performs network security audits and testing and evaluates system security configurations to ensure efficacy and compliance with policies and procedures.
* Conducts penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks.
* Responds to cyber security breaches, identifies intrusions and isolates, blocks and removes unauthorized access.
* Researches and evaluates cyber security threats and performs root cause analysis.
* Assists in the creation and implementation of security solutions.
* May provide information to management regarding impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties, including computer skills.
* Maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company and government requirements.
* Communicate and interact effectively with peers, supervisors, and public, including maintaining respect for others, and following company policies.
* Have a willingness and ability to learn and utilize company technology for company required purposes, including, for example training, reviewing and signing policies and procedures, benefits enrollment and changes, and more.
* Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities as it pertains to your job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires applicable certifications with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or minimum of 5 years and a Bachelor's degree; or a minimum of 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PHD degree without experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Office and open cubical environment.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, mouse, phones).
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Yes, if applicable.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES