Cyber Security Engineer
|Published||January 19, 2023|
|Location||Fort Walton Beach, FL|
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields - people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy - identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
* Full Time
* Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
* Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
Back to Job Navigation (About)
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers' intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
* Problem Solver
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
* Technologically savvy
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker's next move.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
"Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures."
Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
* 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
* Professional Development
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
* Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
* Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Cyber Security Engineer
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Job ID: 595128BR Date posted: Jan. 17, 2023 Locations: Fort Walton Beach, FloridaProgram: TLS
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The RMS Cyber Resiliency (CyRes) organization is looking for a talented Cyber Systems Security Engineer (CSSE) to join our team in Fort Walton Beach, FL. This position will support the Training & Logistics Solutions (TLS) line of business.
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering), or 2 years of professional experience; or no experience with a related Master's degree.
* DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security) or ability to achieve certification within 6 months.
* Understanding of NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
* Proficiency with Linux and Windows Operating systems.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Knowledge/Experience with Cyber Threat-Driven Methodologies.
* Have the aptitude to analyze security vulnerability reports and develop/implement a plan to mitigate critical vulnerabilities.
* Understanding of Static and Dynamic Code Analysis tools in CI/CD pipeline.
* Strong understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
* Experience in decomposing Cyber requirements and applying STIGs- down to the CCI level. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Type: Full-Time Shift: First