Cyber Security Engineer
|Published||November 24, 2022|
We KPIT (www.kpit.com ) are a global technologies company specializing in CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, Electric) domains. Systems and Software in Electric & Conventional Powertrain, Autonomous Driving & ADAS, Digital Connected Solutions, Connected Vehicles, Vehicle Diagnostics, and Vehicle Networks.
Job title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Columbus, IN.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead cyber security activities in core or application programs in compliance with ISO 21434, UNECE WP.29, and cyber security development processes in collaboration with the development team. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) in collaboration with other functional engineers and lead the team for TARA updates.
- Lead Security Concept development.
- Lead Security Requirement development, Security Requirement review, and work closely with functional engineers to ensure the execution of these requirements.
- Guide software engineers in vulnerability analysis (static code analysis, known vulnerability analysis) and support tracking cyber security implementation issues based on the vulnerability analysis.
- Support verification engineer in security verification test and its vulnerability management.
- Lead fuzz testing activities and vulnerability management.
- Lead penetration testing activities and vulnerability management.
- Provide guidance and support to the incident response team.
- Support incident response activities as assigned.
- Support awareness cultivation of incident response in the engineering team.
- Keep close awareness of cyber security incidents in relative.
- Provides guidance and support to the program team in the development of their work products in compliance with ISO 21434 and UNECE WP.29.
- Supports the Cyber Security program plan in collaboration with the program manager.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 21434 and/or UNECE WP.29 R155 is preferred.
- Experience with cyber security in embedded systems is preferred, experience in the automotive or aerospace industry is a plus.
- Background in systems engineering, electrical hardware engineering, or software engineering in the Automotive or Aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of CAN protocol is required.
- Experience with other communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, or UART, is a plus.
- Experience with Ethernet is preferred. Knowledge of common protocols, such as TLS, IPsec, or IEEE 802.1x, is a plus.
- Experience with standard security protocols in common connectivity such as WiFi, Bluetooth, or USB is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic cryptography is required.
- Knowledge of firewall or Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux or QNX operating system security is a plus.
- Experience with failure analysis techniques (FMEA, FTA, …) is a plus.
- Reliability engineering knowledge is a plus.
- Comfortable working with technical processes.
- Experience supporting the development of technical processes, procedures, guidelines, and templates a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to grasp concepts of other engineers.
- Basic knowledge of structured engineering approach.
- Basic knowledge in the development of portable, reusable and modular solutions in the automotive environment.
- Familiar with using a disciplined product development process based on ASPICE or CMMi process model.
- Working knowledge of configuration management (PTC Integrity), project monitoring, and control techniques.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Familiar with structured problem-solving (8D) methods and/or techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Systems Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred).