|Published||November 22, 2022|
Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC. (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for the configuration compliance baseline program which scans for deviations from prescribed settings in key technologies such as operating systems, middleware components, databases, and network appliances.
- Updates existing baseline documents annually or new baseline documents as required by working with technology subject matter experts and by using CIS benchmarks as starting points
- Obtains approvals from technology risk management personnel
- Configures the scans within the scanning tool to match the approved baseline document.
- Ensures these scans run every week and distributes the results to the technical personnel who will resolve deviations.
- Works with technology support partners and the scanning vendor to resolve any problems with the scanning tool.
- Reports on compliance adherence and spearheads governance efforts to ensure the technology personnel resolve the deviations on time, showing follow-up and escalation.
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of vulnerability and/or configuration compliance scanners Conceptual familiarity with common operating systems, middleware applications, databases, and networking appliances Intermediate competency with spreadsheets
- Intermediate competency in writing scripts using python
- Able to write documentation Ability to identify and solve problems
- Able to organize meetings, and translate discussed decisions into actions Self-directing with a sense of ownership
- Ability to design and document processes
- Ability to teach others their area of responsibility