|Published||September 2, 2022|
TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Wilmington, DE (90% remote)
ONSITE/REMOTE/HYBRID: 90% remote, 10% on site
START DATE: September/October 2022
SHIFT: M-F, 8am-5pm with on-call as needed. You'll get less than 5 calls per year for the on-call.
We are looking for an IT Security Engineer who is a subject matter expert in SIEM, threat detection, and Security Monitoring products. This newly created role is open due to growth and you will have the ability to work across a growing company's entire IT security department.
- Ensure secure operation of the on-prem and cloud-based computer systems, networks, and servers.
- Check server and firewall logs, monitor network traffic, and run anti-virus/anti-malware checks.
- Perform threat detection and threat remediation
- Help design and implement a disaster recovery plan across all IT infrastructure
- Assess the need for security hardening, policy updates, and reconfigurations to increase IT security
- Design and execute penetration testing
- Perform on-call support (rarely needed)
- Bachelor's degree in IT, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Cyber Security Experience with a focus on the items listed above
- Strong understanding of SIEM with the ability to be the in-house SIEM expert for the company
- An intermediate+ understanding of CISCO networking products such as routers and switches
- Expert level knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus/anti-malware, data encryption and penetration testing.
- Desire to wear many different hats. Someone who wants to be siloed will not be the right fit for this opportunity
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.