|Published||July 31, 2022|
Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Become an integral part of a diverse team of experts in the Cyber Security space at Cyber Defense Labs (CDL). At CDL, you will help protect our customers from today’s ever-changing threats and risks while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for learning and advancement. CDL is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Security Architecture & Engineering team. The team is responsible for designing and implementing key security controls and event monitoring technologies, providing input on Security concerns across the CDL customer base, and being general Security subject matter experts for various security needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Build and deploy security tools and systems to solve customer capability challenges
- Solid experience and technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols and application security
- Strong knowledge of SIEM platforms
- Responsible for implementing and troubleshooting log ingestion pipeline from transmission through parsing, normalization and field mapping into a SIEM
- Well Rounded knowledge across security tools like firewalls, proxies, IDS/IDP, AV, DLP, HIDS and Vulnerability Scanners
- Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, TLS, routing protocols)
- Evaluate the impact to customer organizations of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Conduct security reviews
- Exercise risk-based judgment to help teams make the right security calls
- Design and coordinate cohesive security-centric strategies and toolsets to achieve our customer’s goals
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, or security
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience designing and deploying security tools like SIEM, AV, Firewall, Proxy, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience with log ingestion techniques and standards, including ingestion via API, syslog, etc.
- Proficiency in regex, JSON, and other commonly used log parsing standards
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of network protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Windows and Unix/ Linux platforms
- Specialty in one or more of the following Information Security domains:
- Cyber Intelligence Analysis, Threat Monitoring, Incident Response, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Computer Forensics, Endpoint Protection, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Platform Security, Identity & Access Management, Security Education & Awareness, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, and Compliance & Risk Management
- Well-rounded background in host, network, and application security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus - Ability to write and understand scripts in languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work in the Dallas headquarters office three days per week and work remotely two days per week, unless otherwise approved, is required
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or three to five years equivalent security and technology experience
- Works in an office
- Sits at a desk, uses a computer, phone and other office equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to be able to meet the physical demands that would require meeting with people in public and private locations, speaking in public and possible additional related demands.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit , climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee should be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: the above statements are intended to summarize the nature and level of the work and typical responsibilities and duties being performed by the incumbents of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks required of the position.
Flexible work from home options available.