|Date Posted||January 8, 2022|
Job Description Summary
The Cyber Security Engineer will be a security evangelist helping engineers in secure implementation of technology stack in a enterprise/cloud environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Cyber Security Engineer in DISE Enterprise team will act as a liaison between ACTR and application teams in Aviation DT to help them with software scanning, container scanning, EVM remediation efforts.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in security
- Knowledge of SAST/DAST/OSS/AVA/Container Security /EVM
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (Chef, Git, Jenkins)
- Experience with container security solutions such as Twistlock
- Experience with object oriented & scripting programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with AWS core services- IAM, EC2, EBS, VPC, Networking, Security, ELB/ALB, S3, RDS and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Experience administering orchestration tools such as Puppet, Salt, Chef
• Experience in data modeling
• Linux/Unix experience
- Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
• Drive tailored SDL practice into specific engineering-
• Engage in application, platform and domain-specific threat modeling and attack surface
• Working with all scrum teams for security-focused design
• Engineer Security solutions for cloud and embedded products, and the planning and implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
• Maintaining a backlog of security-related tools that will improve the maintainability and security of our code and the pace of development
• Work with Cloud IaaS components necessary to support Cyber Security deployment needs, as well as approved Cyber Security specific solutions in the cloud environment to support initiatives
• Implement security control across the technology stack to meet security and compliance requirements for IaaS, Paas, and SaaS
• Act as a technical subject matter expert for cyber security, industry standards, and certification for our cloud environment and services
• Deploying and integrating vulnerability assessment solutions in cloud environments
• Selecting and deploying Encryption and Key Management, and Identity and Access Management solutions.
• Build automation around testing tools and techniques
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 1 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 4 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 6 years of professional experience
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments and ability to identify, debug and propose viable solutions.
• Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPIs.
• Real-time monitoring.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exposure to cloud environments.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps.
• Maps technology trends to internal vision.
• Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition.
• Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution.
• Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI).
• Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance.
• Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses.
• Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas.
• Preemptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
• Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
• Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
• Learns from failure.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills.
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices.
• Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal.
• Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE.
• Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly.
• Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No