|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer that will be part of the Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. Duties include designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
• Maintain and administer NOAA and DOC’s security scanner infrastructure to potentially include.
- Tenable Security Center
- WebInspect Enterprise implementation
- FireEye appliances
- Archer applications
- McAfee MVision Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
• Install, upgrade, and patch security applications
• Perform vulnerability scans
• Document ESS processes
• Create and maintain user accounts for enterprise systems
• Provide end-user support for all enterprise systems
• Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience with 4 years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider years of experience, in lieu of degree.
• 4+ year of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies
• 4+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
• Strong attention to details, works well with direction.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of the understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret required to start the contract).
• Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
• Experience with one or more of the following:
- Python, Tenable, Webinspect, RSA Archer, CASB
• Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Active Security+, CISSP, Network+, CISCO, Splunk certifications
• Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: