|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team. The Security Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating Ameris Bank's Physical Security program, to maintain the safety of the bank's assets and personnel safety on-premises. Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for cyber security engineering, administration, configuration, hardening, operation, documentation, and remediation of cyber security systems, infrastructure, and processes. Collaborates with Cyber Security and IT support staff and management to fulfill the role. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the selection, design, build, deployment, and support of cyber security technology and processes.
- Maintain existing security controls to ensure each is at the supported version and releases, that all patches, updates are installed. Adhere to Change Management procedures to document changes as needed.
- Document procedures to maintain and manage each control and keep documentation up to date.
- Document and maintain solution designs and engineering as-built implementation designs.
- Review changes for security impacts
- Establish Solution and Systems Security standards and proactively identify opportunities to optimize security, reliability, and availability.
- Adhere to Incident, Change, Service, Problem Management processes and SLA's.
- Assist with administering security policies, standards and procedures.
- Assist with identification of compliance and vulnerability risks and facilitate the remediation tasks.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of common host, network and security protocols
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve infrastructure issues.
- Collects and analyzes data utilization information to provide improvements and efficiencies gains.
- Facilitates escalations and requests for assistance from the SOC.
- Performs installation, configuration, migration, and maintenance of assigned technology.
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Ensure relevant cyber security services and systems are achieve 24x7 service operation uptime.
- Assist in the process for vulnerability and patch management ensuring they are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives
- Performs after hours activities as needed to support the environment and technologies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of network, system and application security.
- Must be very technical, hands-on, well-rounded in the information security space.
- Advanced understanding of OS and Network security best practices and strategies.
- Experience with the following, but not limited to, systems: Enterprise Firewalls, IPS, Load Balancers, SIEM, DLP, Wireless, and encryption technologies.
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Security and Capacity management and process automation and improvement.
- Proficiency in scripting of packaged installation of patches, software and configuration changes.
- Strong understanding of Internet/IP related technologies and excellent understanding of network, system and application security.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with security scanning and vulnerability management and remediation and security tools & policies preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple areas within the cyber space required for troubleshooting down to the packet decode level if necessary.
- Proficient understanding of security and network fundamentals and protocols and proxy solutions and protocols, including explicit and transparent modes of operation, various authentication mechanisms, etc (Expert knowledge preferred).
- Experience with security automation tools preferred.
- Continuously evaluating, designing and implementing security solutions to improve the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the firm’s intellectual property and systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux security best practices.
- Partner with the internal team and business on forward-thinking security policies and procedures as needed
- Detailed understanding of multiple security domains: Network, Data, Identity, Application, Cloud, etc.
- Network concepts and advanced working skills with various network technologies.
- Proficient knowledge packet capture analysis and reporting (Expert knowledge preferred)
Industry and Work Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in a hands-on technical role demonstrating expert knowledge in design and engineering of IT and cyber security systems
- Mid-sized to large environment support experience preferred
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Information Systems or related discipline) or relevant work experience
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)