|Date Posted||May 22, 2021|
MV Transportation is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to help lead our growing IT security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install and configure security software, work closely with our vendors, document any security issues or breaches you proactively find, and ultimately protect the company across all layers of the security stack.
- Monitor and audit computer networks for security issues.
- Work with and audit security vendors' performance.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team and vendors to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; strong documentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Must be goal-oriented, display positive attitude, and ability to quickly react to changing business demands, aggressive deadlines, and demanding hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and explain solutions to non-technical users in a concise manner.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to prioritize, and work independently to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Flexibility, "Can-Do" attitude, and the ability to provide outstanding customer service are essential requirements.
- Experience with the following products/vendors:
- Trend Micro
- Zscaler ZIA, ZPA
- Data protection regulation (GDPR, CCPA, etc)
- Security frameworks (NIST, ISO)
- Cybersecurity certification
- Writing cybersecurity policies for an organization
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.