|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
Cyber Security Engineer needed for a contract to hire position to work remote!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
We are looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of SIEM administration, and have familiarity with standard networking technologies using Firewalls, Servers, IDS/IPS, to name a few. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the tools.
What this role is not: It is not a role that performs SOC Analyst duties of threat detection and response.
What this role is: This role is primarily focused on the proper operation and ongoing innovation of Insight’s SOC platform and tools.
CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
• Taking lead on onboarding new Managed Security Services clients and deploying our standard SIEM package as well as other security solutions such as Vulnerability Management.
• Responsible for the proper operation of the SIEM tool(s) used by Insight, which includes trend analysis of logs, data source log collection health, proper triggering of rules, etc.
• Responsible for content creation within the SIEM, in the form of correlation rules, automation rules (SOAR), dashboards, etc.
• Assist SOC Analyst team on a daily basis for Indication of Compromise detection and identification of new use cases.
• Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
• Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
• Providing recommendations to leadership and challenging the status quo.
CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
• A degree in Computer Science, CyberSecurity, Systems Engineering or related experience.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience with incident detection and incident response.
• Minimum 2 years of SIEM administration and content creation within SIEM (correlation rules, queries, etc)
• Experience with Windows AND Linux administration
• Experience with the functionality of firewalls, operating systems security, cloud security, etc.
• Experience with Azure Sentinel a BIG plus.
• Experience with Azure Logic Apps a BIG plus.
• Proficiency in Python or Power Shell a BIG plus.
• Proficiency in Big Data a BIG plus.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
• Must be comfortable learning new technologies, tools, and processes.
• Python is not required but nice to have. General scripting knowledge is preferred.
• This person will not be an analyst, they will be an engineer.