|Date Posted||March 27, 2021|
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Information Security Department at Howard Community College is recruiting for a Cyber Security Engineer to work in Columbia, MD. The candidate will implement procedural and technical, enterprise wide cybersecurity requirements, that assure Howard Community College (HCC) information technology (IT) is operating securely. Advises system owner on matters involving information systems security. Conducts vulnerability management program scans, reviews and documentation. Develops and maintains system security documentation, procedures, policies, and standards. Provides consultation and training on cybersecurity topics to campus stakeholders. Supports external and internal cybersecurity reviews and assessments. Acts as lead consultant on cybersecurity projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting analysis and implementing systems in risk mitigation activities in accordance with the organization's Risk Management Framework
- Responsible for leading implementation of information security program initiatives.
- Responsible for creating documentation, developing policies, procedures, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for the information security department under the supervision of the director of information security.
- Responsible for proactively supporting program management of multiple projects and facilitate in-depth working groups to identify credible threats, relevant vulnerabilities, and assess operational impacts.
- Responsible for working closely with other IT departments to prioritize and remediate security findings discovered in various networks, systems, and applications.
- Responsible for conducting security testing on systems, components, and applications to ensure vulnerabilities are minimized and controls are working as intended.
- Responsible for maintaining IT continuous monitoring repository of security documentation.
- Responsible for supporting the annual security assessments and audits.
- Responsible for supports IT continuity of operations (COOP), incident response (IRP) and disaster recovery (DR) exercises.
- Responsible for supporting IT security budget formulation activities.
- Serves as lead on the incident response team (IRT) to investigate, document, and track incidents.
- Responsible for supporting information security awareness program and educational efforts.
- Responsible for delivering technical reports, executive summaries and full reports on findings to a broad audience of technical ability and understanding.
- Responsible for developing security operations key performance indicators (KPIs) to assist management in business decisions.
- Acts as cybersecurity subject matter expert (SME) for the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.