|Location||Stevens Point, WI|
|Date Posted||February 24, 2021|
Hours: Part-time 20-30hrs/wk
We are looking for a part-time Cyber Security Engineer to join our team. The primary objective of the Cyber Security Engineer position is to act as an “ethical hacker" to evaluate the security of enterprise networks, applications, mobile devices, and systems through the use of automated and manual techniques designed to probe for and exploit security vulnerabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone to hit the ground running in a fast paced, tech heavy environment. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in security technologies, applications, IS infrastructures, operating systems, processes and methods. This candidate will also possess excellent troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn new technologies and procedures. The overall nature and scope of the position could potentially evolve as the candidate’s skills expand, leading to additional responsibilities and a deeper role within our company.
We offer an excellent employment package of competitive salary, benefits, and an ideal work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic, fun, and stable growing company.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Continuously monitor levels of security service as well as detect and prioritize threat responses
• Proactive detecting, understanding and resolving information security incidents affecting information systems & business
• Network security assessments, Application security assessments, & Security Risk Assessments
• Evaluation of technology infrastructure and physical security assessments of servers, systems and network devices
• Information Security program design evaluation, reviewing and defining requirements for I.S. solutions
• Performing formal penetration tests on web-based applications, networks and computer systems
• Evaluating and creating new penetration tools and tests
• Pinpointing methods that attackers could use to exploit weaknesses and logic flaws
• Uncover vulnerable security holes (e.g. poor user security practices or password policies)
• Incorporating business considerations (e.g. loss of earnings due to downtime, cost justification of implementation required to reduce or eliminate risk, etc.) into security strategies
• Work on improvements for security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
• Regularly and effectively communicates with clients regarding IT issues and projects
• Support company quality standards, policies, procedures.
• Participate in a 24x7x365 third-level support team, take call on a rotating basis and be prepared to facilitate solutions for production technologies.
• Protects organization keeping information confidential and secure
• Other duties as assigned