|Date Posted||January 12, 2021|
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. This position is 100% remote.
The Cyber Security Engineer will participate in the design, deployment, and operation of the highly available, resilient security solutions in the enterprise environment using Splunk, ACAS, HP Sure Click, Carbon Black Protection, Carbon Black Response, and SteelCloud. The Endpoint Security Engineer plays a crucial role in ensuring enterprise IT systems and endpoints are engineered and implemented securely, working with cross-functional teams to deliver endpoint security solutions that serve the diverse needs of an organization.
In this role, you will function as a technical endpoint security expert and engineer for a growing portfolio of security solutions. You will have the opportunity to work with other engineers and endpoint teams, to manage, configure, and maintain critical preventive and detective security infrastructure related to the enterprise.
• Develop, document, operate, monitor and manage the security tools in an IL5 Azure cloud infrastructure in accordance with defined cybersecurity controls and standards
• Work closely with the client account team and the Azure IL5 cloud architects to develop service and technology roadmaps, identify and recommend new services and solutions, and define cybersecurity requirements, standards, best practices, policies, and procedures
• Evaluate the IL5 cloud security technologies and their alignment with established cybersecurity and business requirements for ongoing recommendations for changes based on the technology roadmaps
• Perform day-to-day operational support of the security tools in the IL5 Azure cloud
• Work with vendors’ support teams to continuously improve the product implementation, integration and utilization of the security tools in the IL5 Azure cloud and at remote locations
• Communicate effectively and regularly with internal and external customers relating to incidents, problems, changes and maintenance
• Troubleshoot security applications and infrastructure in the IL5 Azure cloud, remediate issues, and take steps to prevent recurring issues
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Expertise, Years of Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience IT Infrastructure or a Security role, or equivalent education and experience
• Active CompTIA CASP, CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, or GSEC in good standing (IAT-II)
• Active Secret Clearance (can start with Interim)
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience with ACAS
• Server builds (Windows Server 2016/2019 and RedHat Linux)
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Implementing, managing and supporting of Windows Server technologies: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 Server 2016 / Server 2019
• Developing and documenting SOP guides, configuration runbooks, installation guides
• Hardening security on Windows Endpoints
• ITIL v3 experience
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Expertise, Years of Experience:
• Experience with VMWare vSphere
• Understanding of Enterprise DevSecOps and DevOps Reference Design and Operations
• Configuration experience with Nutanix Hyper-converged environments
• Experience managing transition and transformation projects
• JAMF Pro experience managing Apple MAC systems
• Managing, administrating, and monitoring, a major Security Applications (HBSS, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Cylance, or Symantec) in an environment with 10,000 plus endpoints
• Group Policy Management using the GPMC console, server and endpoints
• Experience with Windows SCCM
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.