|Date Posted||October 9, 2020|
Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Wichita, KS (67206)
Job ID: #59523
12 month contract
The Cyber Security Engineer will develop, plan, organize and conduct complex design and Cyber Security certification assignments on Textron Aviation aircraft. This role will operate in one or more functional disciplines within engineering. Work requires use of advanced Cyber Security principles.
1. Responsible for completing complex development, design, testing and Cyber Security certification assignments for Platform Information Technology (PIT) during new aircraft design and avionics modifications. Serves as technical consultant for Program Protection activities, including Trusted Systems and Networks (TSN), Cyber Resiliency, Anti-Tamper, and Information Protection. Gathers data and prepares documentation in support of U.S. Government Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts to obtain Cyber Security Authorization to Operate (ATO) certification.
2. Performs research, calculations, and estimates for projects to conform with established specifications. Develops creative, scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome. Determines status of work in progress.
3. Maintains a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks.
4. Consults and coordinates with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to coordinate design function and resolve technical problems. Consults with suppliers to discuss and remedy issues in a more timely and efficient manner. Consults with customer Cyber Security representatives to develop and verify requirements, mitigate risks, and devise action plans.
5. Requests and coordinates work performed by Engineering support groups, Experimental, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management for the project. Instructs suppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on aircraft in accordance with approved specifications.
6. Maintains contact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolve engineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation of new design concepts and changes.
7. Monitors and conducts analyses on first article fabrication and operation to assure adequacy of design.
8. Reviews and evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization.
9. Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes. Provides periodic design reviews and updates presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations.
• Current CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
• Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) per DoDI 8510.01 or AFI 17-101
• Ability to obtain U.S. security clearance
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Strong sense of accountability and integrity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to read 2D drawings using standard industry practices
• Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
• Current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent certification
• Current U.S. Secret or higher security clearance
• Experience with military avionics and mission systems, especially encrypted radios or military datalink communications systems
• 3 or more years of experience with DoD cybersecurity including RMF/ATO/DIACAP certification
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Technology, or Computer Science
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.