|Date Posted||September 23, 2020|
GDH is hiring a Cyber Security Engineer for one of our top clients in Aurora, CO. Our client is looking for someone with experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients and experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred). This individual must have an Active TS/SCI. This particular opportunity is a long term contract position.
Key responsibilities include:
* Planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities
* Security compliance & vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks
* Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
* Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
* Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products
* Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
* Bachelor degree and at least 4 years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
* Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
* Experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
* Strong understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
* Experience using Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ ACAS preferred for security compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning but experience with similar products is acceptable
* Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, SSCP, etc.; CISSP is preferable)
* Experience in systems engineering, life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes
* COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience
* Experience with highly 'matrixed' organizations
* Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives
* Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation
* Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 72403 when responding to this ad.
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.