|Date Posted||May 31, 2020|
Kforce has a client in search of a Cyber Security Engineer in Lowell, MA.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team. In this new position, you will take an active role in the execution of our IT Security solutions and integrations, while collaborating closely with both internal and external partners.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be deeply involved in managing and improving the security of the products and platforms. You will be responsible for designing and implementing controls to protect corporate and production systems according to industry best practices. You will also serve as a technical resource for all matters regarding information and cyber security and will be responsible for projects with cross-functional teams, so strong communication skills are a must. You will design and implement security best practices for a physical/cloud hybrid environment.
We are looking for a passionate individual, looking to accomplish a lot in the field of cyber security, with the necessary experience to implement great security solutions.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade security measures for the protection of data, systems and networks
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Monitor computer networks for security issues
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
- Troubleshoot security and network problems
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches
- Ensure data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
- Participate in the change management process
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security
- Perform penetration testing