|Date Posted||February 15, 2020|
Leidos is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer for a position in the Herndon, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The Cyber Security expert will perform and support penetration testing activities to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of information systems. The intent is to provide team with actionable data to make strategic decisions.
The Cyber Security Engineer shall document all identified system risks, planned test procedures taken, and test results. The Cyber Security Engineer shall perform analyses of vulnerabilities identified during testing. The candidate shall review program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.). The Cyber Security Engineer shall recommend changes to program-level documentation with an eye to reducing system vulnerabilities.
The candidate will create and document penetration testing plans and procedures. The Cyber Security Engineer shall use approved penetration testing plans and procedures to conduct hands-on penetration testing. The engineer shall analyze test results, document risks, and recommend countermeasures to uncovered risks. The engineer shall research, evaluate, and develop Information Security policies and guidance and will participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards. The engineer will document action items and results from technical exchange meetings and application review boards. The engineer will brief management on the status of action items and/or results of activities.
- This position requires a BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience with cyber penetration testing
- Demonstrated experience applying computer attack methods and system exploitation techniques
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cyber security principles for Linux, Windows and virtual platforms
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience analyzing network architectures
- Demonstrated experience using network management tools
- Demonstrated experience creating cyber security test plans
- Demonstrated experience leveraging adversarial tactics to conduct hands-on security testing
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience testing or reviewing system configuration, development, and design
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing complex Windows installations
- Demonstrated experience researching, evaluating, and developing security policies and guidance
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- CEH and/or GPEN Cert
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.