|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
The Cyber Security Engineer responsibilities include:
- Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Agency information assets.
- Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
- Conduct remote administration to include managing accounts, passwords, server updates, patching, and backups of Windows and Linux/Unix servers.
- Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incidnet Handlers.
- Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
- Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
- Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, network assets and wireless intrusion detection (WIDS) LAN security
- Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
- Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
- Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned.
- Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
- Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Security Services Engineer should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Cyber Security Services Branch Team Member should be a self-starter, capable of independently working projects. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Job Qualifications: Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years IT experience.
- Must have three (3) years experience administering Windows and UNIX-based systems and TCP/IP networking.
• Experience with the following:
• HP WebInspect
• Red Seal
• DP Protect
• McAfee Vulnerability Manager
• HP Fortify on Demand (FOD)
• Wireless Intrusion Devices
• Authentication technologies (e.g. PGP, password files etc.)
• Knowledge of anti-virus software functionally and capabilities
• Knowledge of wireless LAN security (802.11)
• Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
• LAN/System/Network administrator
• Windows, Linux, and networks
• TCP/IP (Network System Engineering)
• Maintain awareness on current \'special threats
• Perform penetration tests
• CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification, CCNP/CCDP a plus and Cisco WLAN certification a plus
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.