|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
The primary responsibility of the Cyber Security Engineer is to engineer, implement, and support the vision of the organizations Cybersecurity Architect vision of the overall information security infrastructure. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departments policies, practices, and procedures.
This position will be part of our cybersecurity engineering team. The position will be part of engineering cyber related security devices to strengthen the computer network defense posture of the network. The position will be required to take Requirements, create engineering documentation to be presented to an engineering review board.
The position will be response for the follow but not limited to;
- Engineers, implements, and troubleshoots a wide variety of cyber security devices
- Capacity planning for cyber devices
- Identify and define system security requirements for a heterogeneous computing environment
- Design cyber security architecture in accordance with IT architects and current and forward-looking network design
- Create, develop, and maintain detailed cyber security design engineering documentation
- Prepare, document, and maintain standard operating procedures and protocols
- Collaborate with team members and business teams to troubleshoot system
- Configure and troubleshoot cyber security device
- Prepare change management items and participate in the Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings
- Create various types of reports and present to a varied audience
- Stay current on malware, infiltration and investigative techniques, forensics, and the threat environment
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of TCP-IP protocol implementations for all common network services.
•Experience in LINUX Red Hat
•Performs other related duties as assigned.
Strong knowledge in the follow areas
•NIST 800-53 Rev 4
•DOD instructions from CYBERCOM
•Cyber engineering best practices