|February 11, 2024
Cyber Security Engineer
Holtec Decommissioning International (HDI) is currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join the Palisades Nuclear Plant team in Covert, MI.
We are proud of our reputation for professional and technical excellence, and we recognize that the key to upholding that reputation resides in the excellence of our employees. We are looking for talent who brings value to the organization and contributes to advancing our business and reputation.
Palisades Nuclear Power Plant may soon become the first nuclear power plant in the United States to restart after previously entering the early stages of decommissioning. By joining our team, you will be part of a unique and historic undertaking for the industry and the nation!
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in protecting our digital infrastructure and ensuring compliance with the nuclear industry's stringent security standards, particularly the Milestone 8 requirements as outlined by the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI).
- Implement and manage comprehensive cyber security strategies and solutions to protect sensitive information and systems from cyber threats.
- Ensure compliance with Milestone 8 requirements as stipulated by the NEI, focusing on the protection of digital assets and nuclear safety.
- Conduct regular security assessments to identify vulnerabilities and implement corrective measures.
- Collaborate with wider IT operations and nuclear safety teams to integrate cybersecurity measures with existing infrastructure.
- Provide expert guidance on cybersecurity best practices, risk management, and incident response.
- Stay updated with the latest cybersecurity trends, threats, and regulatory changes in the nuclear industry.
- Lead and mentor junior cybersecurity staff and contribute to their professional development.
- Provide on call incident response with other member of the cyber security operations team - investigating alerts and assessing validity, risk and impact to company and execute incident response as needed.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in cybersecurity, preferably in the nuclear power sector or other critical infrastructure industries.
- Familiarity with implementing and managing SIEM/SOAR solutions.
- Experience implementing and managing a vulnerability and Patch management program.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field. Advanced degrees or certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM) are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Milestone 8 requirements and experience in implementing NEI cybersecurity guidelines.
- Strong understanding of network security, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and related security technologies.
- Experience in risk management, incident response, and security policy development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
HDI offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, hospitalization, and other valuable voluntary options; time-off programs; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. HDI is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.