|Published||September 20, 2023|
Summary:ASRC Federal Analytical Services, Inc is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer who has experience supporting system builds, implementing information security best practices, performing security analysis, integration of software installation and documentation of unique hardware and custom software in a multi-platform/multi-network environment during a full Risk Management Framework life cycle. You will also be required to assist Network/Server Administrators through Assessments and Authorizations, consult customers on Cyber related best practices, and respond to changing vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to Systems.
- System accreditations/authorizations through the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). Experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assess and Authorize process preferred.
- Understanding and validating NIST 800-53 Security Controls.
- Understanding of the software assurance process
- Use of DoD mandated software including eMASS, ACAS, and McAfee HBSS preferred.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, implementing, and assessing DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA Security Requirement Guides (SRGs), and NSA Security Configuration Guides preferred.
- Will perform tasks dealing with system builds, documentation review, system security hardening, and vulnerability management/reporting.
- Candidate should have technical troubleshooting skills and working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework for Department of Defense Information Technology.
- The ability to work independently and within a larger group of engineers and cybersecurity professionals.
- Experience in the software assurance/approval process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will research DoD policy and complete various security tasking.
- Familiarity with DoD security compliance documents as they relate to Linux and Windows environments is desired.
- Recent work experience as a senior-level or technical lead in a related position on a major program, project, or activity.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or related field.
- 6+ years of related experience; government contracting experience is desired.
- Certification: CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or other IAT-III certifications); Security +
- Candidates without a current IAT-III Certification may be considered but must obtain full certification within 6 months of employment, under the condition they possess a valid Security+ Certification.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.