|Published||September 20, 2023|
SBD is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our growing team in support of a large Security Operations program with our Federal client located in Leesburg, VA.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
This position is hybrid, with an onsite requirement of 3 days/week.
- Provide ongoing support in the development, analysis, and design of the SOC physical and logical architectures.
- Provide recommendations for the proper placement of cybersecurity tools throughout the SOC Technologies and its supported environments.
- Support the KM Plan through review and/or contribution as needed to support security architecture tasks and activities.
- Assess the "as is" condition of the SOC Technologies resiliency and generate a report of findings.
- Review or create (if needed) the following plans and generate reports: Service Asset and Configuration Management Plan, Capacity Management Plan, and Change and Release Management Plan.
- Develop and maintain a processing capacity forecast for the SOC architecture based on projected processing workloads and corresponding storage requirements.
- Propose upgrades to the SOC architecture to address current and anticipated data and processing needs.
- Assess the "as is" condition within current SOC Technologies and processes to identify capability gaps.
- Provide support in accordance with the Service Asset and Configuration Management Plan.
- Keeps up to date on current technologies.
- Ensures daily, monthly, and quarterly compliance requirements are met individually and by professional level staff within the timelines provided by Operations executive leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be a United States (US) Citizen with a current DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Minimum six (6) years of IT experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a SOC type operation for a government or commercial client.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Equivalent years of experience in a related field may be substituted for the degree.
- Must reside within a commutable distance to our customer's location in Leesburg, VA in order to work onsite 3 days/week.
- Experience with Splunk and Cisco StealthWatch.
- Experience with Secure Network Analytics, managing log data, and IDS/IPS systems.
- Experience with cloud security.
- Prior experience migrating into a cloud environment is a plus.
- Must have an impeccable work ethic, the ability to make sound decisions, and a commitment to integrity and accountability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel, Word, and Outlook a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Pro a must.