|Published||September 20, 2023|
FULL TIME POSITION:
Title-Cyber Security Engineer/NIST Title Client - Peoples Bank - Location-Hybrid/Midtown, New York City - salary$ 145K Salary Target -Visa:USC,GC,GC-EAD
**We need a senior (7+ Years) Cyber Security Engineer with great experience working with Cyber Security and Information Risk management with Strong understanding and hands on implementation experience with SANS/CIS Top 20, FFIEC, NIST CSF, 800-53, ISO27001 controls. Candidates must have certifications and the more the better( - CISSP, CISM, CCSP, OSCP, GIAC GCIH, GCTIA, GDSA or equivalent, or relevant AWS or Azure certification). Candidates should have great experience working with Strong understanding and hand-on experience of cloud concepts and components as they relate to O365/Azure, DevOps, Candidates must me local to the New York or New Jersey area and commute into the city two times a week in Midtown, NYC. NO RELOCATION CONSIDERED
Candidates Must Have:
1. Cyber Security/ Information Risk management
2. Strong understanding and hands on implementation experience with SANS/CIS Top 20, FFIEC, NIST CSF, 800-53, ISO27001 controls.
- The Cyber Security & Information Risk Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that Information Security systems and cloud services are configured, deployed, and maintained in accordance with SMBC's polices and standards. This position requires participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation for Cyber Security and Information Risk management. Strong understanding and hands on implementation experience with SANS/CIS Top 20, FFIEC, NIST CSF, 800-53, ISO27001 controls.
- Focuses on hands on engineering and architecting cybersecurity solutions using industry's best practices to protect the firm from various threat actors.
- Performs as the Subject Matter expert focused in multiple technologies within the Security arena (IAM, Cloud Security, Data Security, Network Security, Encryption, Privileged Access Management, Federation etc.).
- Works with cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services and Azure, including the deployment of security groups, VPC networks, Certificate Management Systems and Key Management Systems.
- Works with DevOps practices and use of Terraform or CloudFormation to deploy services and infrastructure, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Provides technical guidance and security reviews / assessments on architecture for new applications in AWS and Azure.
- Develops cloud security policies, standards and procedures.
- Coordinates and performs security audits and vulnerability assessments to assess internal security procedures and compliance requirements related to cloud environments.
- Work with relevant internal IT Application, Infrastructure, Network and Support teams to ensure that security controls are implemented at all significant layers, test those controls and perform gap analysis to find areas of improvement.
- Strong understanding and hands on implementation experience with SANS/CIS Top 20, FFIEC, NIST CSF, 800-53, ISO27001 controls.
- Strong Incident Response skillset using MITRE ATT&CK and Cyber Kill Chain frameworks. Being able to conduct threat modeling in order to determine major threats facing the firm.
- Good understanding of Zero Trust principles.
- Supporting offensive architecture analysis and design of defense-in-depth solutions
Participate in the development of the security roadmap and communicate the Technology Security vision to senior management and technical departments.
- 5+ Years of hands-on architecting, implementation and design experience required, designing globally scalable security solutions using latest cloud technologies and platforms.
- Strong understanding and hand-on experience of cloud concepts and components as they relate to O365/Azure, AWS, and/or GCP.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with IAM permissions, SSO, Managed AD including permissions access to S3 buckets, IAM roles, executing Lambda functions, AWS Config, Cloudtrail, KMS, Cert Manager etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Azure Kye Vault, Azure Monitor, Sentinel, RBAC, Azure AD, Azure MFA, conditional access, Federation is highly desired.
- Cloud formation and/or terraform experience required
- Good understanding of DevSecOps concepts and associated implementations
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipeline concepts as it relates to security
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth, OpenID).
- 2+ years of experience in container solution (Kubernetes and Docker).
- Experience with API Security highly desired.
- Deep understanding of Unix, Linux, Windows Security principles and Microsoft Active Directory
- Python, Bash or PowerShell scripting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise Information Security pillars (Perimeter security, Identity Management and Governance, Privileged Account Management, Compliance, Penetration testing, Encryption, Cloud Security, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management)
- Deep packet analysis experience required using wireshark/tcpdump.
- Incident Response experience highly desired as it relates to Cloud environments.
- Advanced experience in process documentation, flow charting and re-engineering.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 highly desired.
- Good understanding of Zero Trust principles highly desired.
- Performing gap analysis within different environments coupled with an in depth understanding of regulatory guidelines as well as standards and best practices related to CIS Top 20, ISO 27001, FFIEC CAT and NIST CSF frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required
- Good influencing, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- One of the following certifications is required - CISSP, CISM, CCSP, OSCP, GIAC GCIH, GCTIA, GDSA or equivalent, or relevant AWS or Azure certification(s).
- Weekend and night work may be needed at times based on project, support, and business needs.