|Published||September 18, 2023|
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and provide support to enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements.
- Applies Cyber Security Engineering and Network Security Engineering expertise to optimize the enterprise protection posture.
- Recommends and participates in activities that prevent repeated vulnerability assessment findings.
- Provides and participates in A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings.
- Contributes to contract deliverables for this WBS element.
- Supports disparate Network Security appliances and vendors (IDS/IPS, Web Gateways, Email Gateways, etc.).
- Provide detection, identification, and reporting of possible cyber attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities
- Administer technologies that directly support cyber security and the protection of company assets and data. Includes operational support for Identity Management, Privileged User Access, Access Control (firewall), End Point Protection, Internet Protection, Vulnerability Scanning, and SIEM support.
- Assistance in the development and implement enterprise mitigation actions in response to complex vulnerabilities.
- Actively support the enforcement of Cyber Security policy and participates in incident responses.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Work independently, receive minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own area and general knowledge of related areas
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the company in the market
- Acts as a resource for other team members; may lead projects with limited risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains complex, difficult and/or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Minimum Education: B.S. or equivalent, 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience in a related field.
- Minimum/General Experience: 5 years of related experience.
- Experience working within a Cybersecurity Operations Center environment desired.
- Experience with COTS technologies used in a Cybersecurity Engineering environment.
- IAT Level II certification desired
- Demonstrated technical experience:
- Proficient in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of current COTS Cybersecurity technologies.
- Understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively - Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
TS/SCI with polygraph
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time.
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and provide your name and contact information.