|Published||September 10, 2023|
Job Description Summary:
Maximus is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to provide expertise to a federal client in support of their mission critical systems in defense of our Homeland.
We are in search of an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join our team and take on responsibilities that are central to enhancing the cybersecurity posture of our client's mission-critical systems while leveraging a wide range of relevant technologies.
• Lead the design, deployment, and management of cybersecurity solutions to safeguard information and systems.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement effective cybersecurity policies, procedures, and standards.
• Conduct comprehensive security assessments, penetration testing, and vulnerability analysis to identify and address complex security risks.
• Stay updated with emerging cyber threats and trends and provide strategic recommendations for implementing new security technologies and best practices.
• Oversee security incident response and coordinate rapid response and mitigation efforts.
• Design, implement, and maintain secure network architectures, including firewalls, load balancers, and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure secure cloud adoption and configuration.
• Conduct regular security assessments and audits to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to junior security engineers and analysts.
• Due to federal requirements, only US Citizens can be considered. Candidates with dual citizenship cannot be considered.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance.
• Must be based around Annapolis Junction, MD.
• This individual will be responsible for the daily operation of mission critical systems on a 24x7x365 workday basis. Shift work will be required.
• 7+ years of experience as a Cyber Security Engineer or related field.
• Any experience in any or all of the following: Cisco ASA, Cisco FirePOWER, F5 LTM and GTM load balancers, Juniper SRX firewall, Nessus
#techjobs #NSO #clearance
Maximus TCS (Technology and Consulting Services) Internal Job Profile Code: TCS058, T4, Band 7
Education and Experience Requirements:
- What is your desired salary? (Open text)
- Are you a US citizen without dual citizenship? (Yes/No)
- Please indicate your current clearance level, if applicable. (Open text)
- Are you located at/near the job site and willing to commute to the job site whenever necessary? (Yes/No)
- Do you have the required certifications for this position? (Open text)
- Do you have the required minimum years of work-related experience for this role? (Yes/No)
MAXIMUS Introduction: Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status. Pay Transparency: Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances. Posted Max: USD $120,000.00/Yr. Posted Min: USD $69,400.00/Yr.