|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
Position: Cyber Security Controls Assessor
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ Months (Possible Extension)
1) IT Audit/Controls testing experience,
2) Technical security assessments
3) Strong documentation/writing skills
- The Cyber Security Controls Assessment family is responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and audit of General Computer Controls across the enterprise.
- The Cyber Security Controls Assessor ( "Assessor”) will be responsible for assessments which will require review and evaluation of IT and/or business systems and processes for compliance with defined regulatory standards, internal processes, and procedures.
- Additionally, the Assessor will be responsible for the identification of risks, evaluation of control deficiencies, and recommendation on remediation efforts consistent with IT organizational policies, standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level assessments based on predefined test objectives and test plans.
- Perform retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies.
- Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively.
- Execute and report on results of IT Compliance assessments in accordance with industry best practices and established regulatory standards and requirements (e.g., NIST SP800-53, SP800-115, SOX, NERC CIP).
- Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business.
- Review test results or interpret evidences to address vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
- Identify risks associated with control failures and supports the identification of mitigating controls
- Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment
- Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure that the Compliance meets its commitments to customers
- Support the Compliance Sr. Manager/Manager as needed.