|Published||September 12, 2023|
The Cyber Security Consultant provides strategic direction for Assurance, MMA Midwest’s cyber placements and leads delivery of cyber resources to the region. This individual will work with leadership and clients to provide high-level guidance on the implementation and execution of cyber initiatives and strategies. They will ensure appropriate procedures and processes are in place prior to implementing any coverage, build and maintain relationships with clients, insurance carriers, and other outside service vendors. They will also serve as the cyber security knowledge specialist and promote continued education throughout the organization.
- Provide strategic direction to MMA Midwest clients to create and execute cyber strategies & initiatives
- Act as our Risk Practice Leader for all cyber services offered out of MMA Midwest
- Manage client expectations for necessary updates to current tools, hardware, and practices ahead of implementing cyber coverage
- Lead delivery of cyber resources to new & existing clients
- Prepare and participate in presenting cyber security proposals to clients and cross-selling with other MMA disciplines
- Assist producer and/or Executive Risk with the pre-qualification of an account along with gathering information for submission
- Stay current on cyber security trends and maintain industry knowledge within the cyber security space
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration when faced with client difficulties and complex situations
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy client requirements based on agreed upon SOWs
NATIONAL CYBER RISK PRACTICE TEAM
- Participate in strategic initiatives to formulate credible, effective, long-range cyber strategies
- Coordinate trainings and serve as subject matter expert to provide the best product and best value to MMA customers
- Speak at local and national events as a subject matter expert as requested to support the growth of the MMA brand and business goals
- Attend Cyber Risk Practice meetings and be an active participant
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated understanding of the information security landscape and comprehension of a broad range of security technologies
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office Suite
- BS/BA Degree
- Professional designations in insurance and/or safety
- CISSP or CISM certifications
About AssuranceAssurance, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, company, is a full-service brokerage providing business insurance, employee benefits, private client insurance, and retirement services to businesses and individuals across the country. Assurance operates as Marsh & McLennan Agency’s Midwest regional headquarters. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, Assurance attracts and retains its insurance talent by rewarding expertise and investing in career development. Assurance employees enjoy an award-winning culture that fosters a highly productive and results-driven working environment.
Services: Business Insurance, Employee Benefits, Financial Services, Private Insurance, SuretyAwards: Assurance is continually named a "Best Place to Work" by leading publications and organizations such asFortune magazine, the National Association for Business Resources, The Chicago Tribune,Crains Chicago BusinessandBusiness Insurance magazine (check out all of our accolades).Culture: Our employees enjoy an environment that fosters success and creativity and provides countless opportunities for growth. We make sure our employees are happy and motivated by offering enviable benefits, rewards programs, celebrations, perks and a few surprises around every corner. Together, it all adds up to a company that develops and retains passionate individuals who deliver superior performance and measurable results to our clients.
Fun Fact: 31% of Assurance experts agree the bestSaturday Night Live skit of all time is "More Cowbell".
Assurance has won over a hundred workplace awards largely due to our intentional and caring approach that begins with meeting our people where they are, celebrating their differences and creating an inclusive environment.
Assurance is a proud equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status or civil partnership/union status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Harassment or discrimination based upon any of the above is inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated; this includes harassment or discrimination for being associated with or knowing someone that identifies with any of the above.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to make a career and difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.