|Date Posted||September 16, 2020|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
The Cyber Security Configuration Engineer will provide technical expertise for evaluating a wide array of new and emerging technologies, and developing recommendations for security configuration baselines. The engineer will be responsible for developing security configuration standards that implement Departmental policy, technical security countermeasures, and industry best practices.
The Cyber Security Configuration Engineer will also evaluate various technical and policy questions, providing written responses to a wide range of audiences.
The ideal candidate will have base knowledge of cyber security principles and best practices, familiarity with Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), a foundational knowledge of Windows and Linux server operating systems, and experience managing Active Directory.
The candidate will also promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals. Conducting research pertaining to the latest security threat vectors and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information will be necessary in supporting the client to publish incidents, alerts, advisories, and bulletins. The candidate will ensure that rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are implemented in the delivery of all IT services.
- US Citizenship and clearance at the Secret level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cyber security and privacy principles
- 2-3 years’ experience working with Windows Server on an enterprise level
- 1-3 years’ experience managing Active Directory in a multi-domain environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience working with server/application virtualization on an enterprise level
- 2-3 years’ experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers on an enterprise level
- 2-3 years’ experience engineering/maintaining database infrastructure including SQL and Oracle
- 1-3 years’ experience working with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory
- 1-3 years’ experience with configuration and/or administrating enterprise mobile device deployments
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Rosslyn
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.