|Date Posted||October 7, 2020|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a great cyber analyst? We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats.
Join a team that leads in cyber with the top technical cyber talent, range of customer experience, and emerging technology to address tomorrow’s cyber threats. Our service model approach to secure, operate, and defend is predicated on ensuring the skill-set of our staff remains on the cutting edge of technology through our virtual training platform and Cyber Range.
Functional duties consist of:
- Comprehensive monitoring of cyber tools, reviewing system and application logs, intrusion detection alerts for indication unauthorized activity, insider threat, or criminal behavior punishable by law, code or statue.
- Discover, identify, mitigate and report intentional or unintentional unauthorized use of customer information and information systems.
- Monitor for fraud, waste and abuse, including content inappropriate to the workplace, Illegal Activity, Productivity Loss and Non-Compliant Activity and provide support to Threat Mitigation Cell, Law Enforcement, General Counsel, Inspector General, customer privacy Office, and the customer Operations Security (OPSEC) Office through investigative research, forensic examination, internet monitoring and formal reporting.
- Identity Leakage (PII) Related, DoD Directive 54000.1, Privacy Program, which constitutes detection of SSN#s, Credit card information and other Personally Identifiable information.
- Determine if information constitutes a violation of Personally Identifiable information especially when the information is sent outside Government network, Information does not belong to person sending it, information is not encrypted or password protected.
- Produces case evidence and reports.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- BA/BS 8+ years of related data security administration experience or a combination of: (Education Degree from an Accredited Institute in an Area Applicable to the Position) • High School Diploma + 12 years • Associate's Degree + 10 years • Bachelor's Degree + 8 years • Master's Degree + 6 years • PhD + 4 years
- Valid TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly (or able to obtain CI Poly)
- Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 baseline certification prior to employment.
- Obtain an 8570 CSSP Auditor certification within six months from the date of hire. Viable certifications that meet this requirement are CEH, CySA+, GSNA, CISA, or CFR.
- Experience using cyber tools such as: Splunk, ArcSight, Fidelis, or FireEye.
- May require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo)
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
USA VA Reston
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.