|Published||January 22, 2023|
South Jersey Industries (SJI) is an energy holding company that delivers clean energy services to 700,000+ customers and businesses throughout 14 counties in New Jersey. As part of our core values, SJI is dedicated to being a community partner and developing innovative clean energy solutions to meet the needs of the future. To do this, we depend on our workforce of over 1,100+ talented, diverse employees who help us deliver safe, reliable, affordable clean energy for a better today and tomorrow.
At SJI, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Whether you're a seasoned operations technician or an early-career legal professional, our culture, inclusive workforce, and leadership development and training programs will provide you with the tools you need to either kickstart your career or bring it to new heights.
A career in Information Security Operations at South Jersey Industries provides the opportunity to collaborate on IT security projects and operational work to protect SJI's information technology assets in the organization's critical infrastructure. The IT Security Associate will work closely with IT, Critical Infrastructure, Compliance, Operations, and other business partners. This associate ensures that SJI's pipeline and operational technology assets are shielded from any adversaries by identifying, evaluating, monitoring, prioritizing, and reporting IT security operations-related events and incidents. This associate provides information security services to employees, customers, and other critical stakeholders and provides timely and concise updates. The role sits on a hybrid security operations team, and interacts daily with Gas Control, Infrastructure, Application Administration, and managed service providers to deliver on the information security mission. This role helps guarantee that information security practices are deployed in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and standards. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter with a "can-do" attitude and a desire to learn and develop in the cyber security field.
* Partner with critical infrastructure stakeholders for various business processes supported by information security
* Aid in the management and maintenance of various industrial control systems, tools, and applications, and resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
* Coordinate operational technology system vulnerability patching with internal partners and vendors
* Manage operational technology vulnerability scanning and visibility tools and interpret findings
* Ensure critical infrastructure security applications are up to date
* Maintain operational technology endpoint protection software by managing upgrades, monitoring, and reviewing logs
* Assist in managing the active directory environment for SJI's industrial control systems by rotating passwords, developing group policies, and provisioning and deprovisioning accounts
* Support the cyber security incident response process
* Talented at Microsoft Office 365, specifically with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Power BI
* Skilled at problem solving and breaking down complex issues into actionable tasks
* Superb communication and technical presentation skills with team members at all levels of the organization
* Ability to prioritize effectively and maintain a positive attitude while managing multiple tasks
* Capable of working independently, with a strong sense of task ownership and self-motivation
* Intellectual curiosity, with the ability to think critically and creatively and research unknown topics
* Understanding of fundamental critical infrastructure security concepts and technology
* Proven work or internship experience in Cyber Security or Process Automation and Control systems
* Working knowledge of critical infrastructure security tools and SCADA systems
* IT certification such as Security+, Network+, or A+
* Prior operational technology training provided by partners such as Cyber Security & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) or Idaho National Labs (INL)
* Hands-on experience within an operational technology environment and with SCADA systems
* Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, IT, an Engineering discipline, or a related field, with 0 years of relevant experience
* Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Explore the Possibilities
South Jersey Industries employs a diverse range of talent - from construction contractors to environmental specialists. Regardless of the position, mentoring and networking, hands-on experience, gaining industry knowledge and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our business and in our communities are all exciting ways that we welcome our employees at SJI. And as a company committed to creating an engaging culture built on inclusion and diversity, you're sure to find an opportunity that makes you feel included, empowered, and ready to "bring your whole self to work" every day.
Benefits Package Overview
SJI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees.
The SJI "Total Rewards" Benefits Package include:
* Flexible vacation, Paid Time Off, and Sick Leave package
* Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k), with generous company match
* Employee Resource Groups to encourage employee engagement, nurture professional development, and foster an inclusive environment.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
At this time, SJI is only considering applicants authorized to work in the United States currently and in the future without the need for visa sponsorship.