|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assisting with the gathering of requirements, consolidation and architectural design of a functional cyber range platform.
• Aid in the installation, configuration, and operation of the cyber range system to maintain hosted environments and provide geographically separated connectivity to customers.
• Assist in the renovation and build out of the facility to house the range environment.
• Meet with various customers and partners in the Defense operational and testing communities and Academia to design cyber innovation projects and proposals to fill capability gaps.
• Designing innovative challenges in coordination with various computer science academic departments
• Developing a cybersecurity aptitude assessment for the identification of cybersecurity operator candidates.
• Assist in the development of a hands on practical based red team training course.
• Participating in the instruction of course modules to students at the novice to journeyman levels.
• Designing and developing a realistic virtual environment to support the development, integration, and assessment of new cyber capabilities proposed through the Innovation challenge program.
• Developing operator training, assessment and certification challenges within the environment to assist in the development of the cyber workforce.
• Designing analytical techniques to assist with hosted events. Provide scripts, procedures, and data collection during executed events to capture metrics.
• Conducting intelligence assessments and provide recommendations for threat testing actions. Deeply involved in a wide range of security issues including technical, procedural, and policy driven.
• Performing analysis at all levels of test, including; tabletop, developmental, operational, legacy, and large-scale exercises.
• Using threat testing and intelligence methodologies to drive better testing results.
• Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of threat testing requirements and customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Integrating new means of creating unified and sharing full spectrum cyber threat intelligence that relates to meaningful and realistic threat integration/testing.
• Providing SME expertise on current systems with threats/product vulnerabilities, with a particular focus on how they relate to other systems.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Requires a minimum of ten years of work-related experience, a Bachelor's degree and seven years of work related experience or a Master's degree and five years of work related experience in a relevant technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires experience with Offensive and Defensive cyber threat operations and intelligence
• Requires an advanced level of proficiency to apply broad knowledge and experience
• Ability to provide direction/leadership to others as a lead or technical specialist
• Requires communication, team building, craft, and vocational skills
• Other important skill areas include artistic, manual, and technical writing skills
• Experience in performing analysis of actions from full spectrum cyber threat teams
• Experience with design of operational training material, qualification standards, and training programs
• Experience in the identification and assessment of cyber skills aptitude
• Experience in the design of representational threat networks in a virtual environment
• Experience in performing nodal, social, and technical network analysis to identify critical elements of information in support of CNE operations
• Proficiency in technical and social network visualization techniques
• Experience with physical and network-based threat methodologies and tools
• Experience with Intelligence Analysis process
• Desired certifications include one or more of the following: Certified Ethical Hacker; CISSP, OSCP
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET/SCI/NATO CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled