|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for cyber threat identification, evaluation, prioritization and remediation activities under the direction of the Cyber Security Manager. The Cyber Security Analyst continuously reviews existing and proposed changes to SNC systems, networks and software designs, and is responsible for analyzing logging and alerting data, identifying and escalating potential security events. The Cyber Security Analyst will partner with business users to support integration of cyber security protections into business operations, and will act as a key member of the incident response team.
- Review proposed new systems, networks and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues
- Provide a Cyber Security partnership with the business to ensure proper implementation of protections toward current and future projects.
- Perform regular analysis of specified logging, intrusion detection, malware scanning reports and raw-outputs, escalating potential business threats and risks
- Under direction and per procedures, perform required tasks and coordinate with IT team members to rapidly isolate, contain, and remediate IT system intrusions
- Coordinate incident response and investigation activities with other IT teams as well as internal organizations in an efficient and professional manner.
- Participate in market reviews and product evaluation of tools to enhance SNC’s security posture against existing and emerging threats
- As directed, draft written guides and process reference materials to assist IT team members meet policy and procedural requirements
- As directed, perform forensic acquisition for analysis by designated individuals
- Analyze and correlate incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy by using various data analytics techniques
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Demonstrate understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight for IT organization Training Plan
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in related field *Relevant work experience as a Network Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, Systems Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, IT Analyst/Administrator, Software Engineer etc… may substitute for required education
- 0-2+ years related experience required
- knowledge administering a variety of current Microsoft platforms.
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Ability to effectively execute multiple, complex tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret security and technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality of high-sensitivity projects and data.
- Ability to perform critical-incident response
- Ability to gain and maintain a security clearance as required.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.