|January 22, 2023
|Linthicum Heights, MD
Allyon, Inc. is an established IT and Healthcare Services firm and we love what we do! It makes our day when we are able help talented individuals achieve their career goals while at the same time helping our clients build quality teams. If you are interested in joining the Allyon team, please apply or submit your resume for review today!
Cyber Threat Anaylst
Linthicum Heights, MD
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Identifying critical acquisition programs and technologies requiring elevated protection.
- Support the implementation of advanced protection mechanisms within and across programs and technologies.
- Support assessment of vulnerabilities associated with known losses.
- The candidate will perform analytical research in a team environment focused on cyber threat actors/activity, author and review intelligence products by applying technical expertise, while also consulting and making recommendations for new solutions to cyber analytical issues as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with analysts across all DC3 directorates, task force analysts and JAPEC stakeholders outside of DC3, various other Intelligence Community agencies, and other Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations (AFOSI, CID, DCIS) on a regular basis. To integrate existing intelligence community (IC), law enforcement (LE), counterintelligence (CI) and acquisition community data, analysis, processes, and tools in order to develop courses of action that address consequences as well as support the prevention and mitigation of losses of unclassified controlled technical information (CTI).
- The candidate will rely heavily on their experience serving in past intelligence analyst roles in DoD, Computer Network Operations, Law Enforcement/Counterintelligence, or Intelligence Community mission focused organizations.
- The selected candidate should have the experience writing documents up to 30 pages in length.
- Strong proficiency in report writing. Strong knowledge of general intelligence analysis principles governing the collection and evaluation of raw intelligence as well as the production and publication of finished intelligence. Strong knowledge of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) principles to include indicators of compromise (IOC) types, indicator pivoting and indicator attribution strength.
- Strong or Intermediate ability to apply formal intelligence analysis methods, develop hypothesis, prove/disprove relationships, always ask why, defend your analysis, and apply attribution to cyber threat activity.
- Candidate must be able to make confidence-based assessments for purposes of attribution based on their technical analysis of network traffic, multi-source data, malware and system forensic/supply chain analysis.
- Candidate must be able to identify analytic bias. Strong ability to conduct Incident Report Analysis on incidents reported under applicable DFARS procedures; Strong familiarity with the damage assessment process, specifically regarding data compromised as a result of adversary intrusions into contractor networks.
- Strong ability to present technical information and analysis to groups (Candidate will be required to brief up to 50 persons on a quarterly basis and smaller groups of up to 10 persons on a weekly basis)
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience.
- TS/SCI Security clearance
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence and analytics, including supply chain risks. Strong understanding of US Intelligence Community and how cyber intelligence organizations work together for purposes of conducting cyber threat analysis.
- Strong ability to provide analysis supporting assessments of the overall impact of data loss on current and future DoD weapons programs, scientific and research projects, and warfighting capabilities. Strong ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with intrusion set subject matter experts and analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities.
- Familiarity with DoD Damage Assessment Management Office (DAMO) Program guiding documents and mission (DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) 204.7303-4 DoD damage assessment activities). Strong understanding to correlate data and research using open-source repositories (ex. VirusTotal, Domaintools, Threatminer, etc.). Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity.
- Formal training as an intelligence analyst in any discipline - graduate of US Govt intelligence analysis course: CAC, IBC, Kent School, IC 101, Analysis 101, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc, Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA.
- Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools.
- Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement or Counterintelligence experience. Analyst experience in a Federal Cyber Center or corporate computer incident response team
What we Offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401k eligibility after 6 months of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume below for this opportunity and to view other positions available, visit our careers page at jobs.crelate.com/portal/allyon/
Allyon, Inc. is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer and terms of employment are without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Allyon, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.