|Published||November 23, 2022|
|Location||Scott Air Force Base, IL|
Apex Systems is actively hiring IT Support Specialists in the Saint Louis, MO & Salt Lake City, UT area.
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly:
Schedule a meeting with Adrienne!
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Scott Air Force Base, IL and Hill Air Force Base, UT
Contract Length: Permanent role with Apex!
Certifications: CompTIA Security +
Clearance Level: Active Secret Clearance
Hours: Must able to work multiple shifts as this is a 24/7 environment!
This position will perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks, and participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts. Additionally, this position requires rotating shift work.
* Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats.
* Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
* Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
* Assist T1 analysts with triage and analysis.
* Complete moderate-level cyber analysis of potential events.
* Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
* Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
* Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience (related DISA customer experience and Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree).
* DoD 8570 IAT II prior to starting and CSSP-A Certification within 180 days of hire.
* CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
* Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
* Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
* In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
* Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics.
* Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
* Unix/Linux command line experience.
* Scripting and programming experience.
* Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
* Willing to perform shift work.
* Must have an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
* Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification. (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent).
* Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.
Scott Afb, IL, US
Infrastructure and Security
October 11, 2022