|Published||July 22, 2022|
Cyber Security Analyst
KBR is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst in Vienna, VA. You will be a part of a team focused on monitoring network performance for cyber security and other purposes. This team's responsibilities include monitoring logs, network traffic, and other information to identify anomalies and other issues and recommend remediation efforts. You will be integrated into a broader technical team responsible for understanding the cyber security of the network.
- Serve as a member of a team focused on the cyber security of a network and focus primarily on reviewing and analyzing Splunk data.
- Aid in cyber security analytic tasks, to include searching selectors in other Sponsor datasets, putting the results into the context of the network, and collaborating with other Sponsor teams to understand strategic threats that apply to the network.
- Conduct data analysis using Splunk to support technical efforts and to aid in log analysis.
- Review log data, creating a baseline of current information about collected log data, adjusting log collection procedures, aiding in consolidating, and analyzing log data, and analyzing the group's network activity.
- Create and monitor dashboards, setting up alerts, and other capabilities within Splunk.
- Identify potential anomalies and other areas of concerns within cyber security data and recommend possible remediation activities and work with partner branches to ensure the issues are resolved.
- Collaborate with fellow cyber security team members to identify opportunities to close gaps in the Sponsor's understanding of the security of their network.
- Demonstrated experience in a cyber-security related field
- Experience as a Splunk data analyst, to include monitoring log data for anomalies, and setting up dashboards and alerts
- Experience with cyber security standards and frameworks such as MITRE's ATT&CK matrix, and how threats align with this cyber security framework
- Experience to conveying complex technical data to non-technical audiences
- Experience collaborating with other technical resources to accomplish a larger goal
- A degree in computer science, data science, data analysis, or related a technical field
- Experience with Splunk data engineering tasks, to include ingesting logs and setting up data models
- Experience with coding languages such as Python
- Experience leveraging APIs and other capabilities to connect disparate datasets together
Security Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly to be considered for the opportunity
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.