|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2021|
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst in San Antonio, TX.
This position provides Tier II Cyber Security Analysis to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved.
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Intermediate command line experience that includes chaining Linux utilities such as tcpdump, sed, awk, and grep together
- Intermediate IDS (Snort, Bro/Zeek, etc.) creation and tuning, to include performing impact analysis on customer environments and review and correction of Tier I rules
- Analysis of alert traffic plus surrounding traffic to provide context to inform analysis
- Ability to consume open and closed source and search indicators in customer data, then generate new IDS configurations for future detection
- Basic hunt experience that includes sifting non-alert-based traffic and deriving meaningful results in the absence of corresponding OSINT
- Basic vulnerability awareness and able to determine applicability to customer environments, using data to establish attack attempts and success/failure
- Maintaining current threat awareness
- Ability to analyze complex (multipacket, multi-vector, multi-exploit, large volume) traffic and derive meaningful conclusions
- Self-directed research, development, customization, or other contributions to process improvement
- Continual enrichment of IDS and moderate ability to tune on the fly
- Ability to self-educate with non-comprehensive or incomplete documentation on new concepts, protocols, and data formats
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior IT experience, or Associate degree with 6+ years of experience. Additional certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a SOC environment
- Hands-on cybersecurity network defense experience (Detect and Respond) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Management tool (ArcSight, Security Onion, etc.)
- Fluent in computer network Packet Capture (PCAP) analysis
- DoD 8570 IAT-II and CSSP-Analyst certifications required prior to starting
- Advanced knowledge of solution development techniques and best practices related to demonstration, pilot, and test management and operations.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards.
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with SAP Eligibility
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.