|Date Posted||September 28, 2021|
Denbury is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our corporate office operations in Plano, Texas. This position is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and improving Denbury’s Cyber security posture. Candidates should have an understand of security best practices for servers, workstations, network equipment and other security software.
Duties & Responisibilities
• Monitor and coordinate with Denbury’s SOC for security incidents
• Establish/maintain strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks.
• Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
• Compiles and reports on security compliance metrics and security key performance indicators.
• Document and prepare reports to outline the extent and remediation of security breaches
• Coordinate annual penetration test
• Keep up to date with the latest IT security trends
• Develop and implement security standards and best practices
• Recommend security enhancements to Sr. IT leadership and coordinate enhancement implementation
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CISSP or CISA certifications preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in cyber security
- Experience with Windows, Linux operating system security best practices
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewall security best practices
- Familiar with mobile device management security best practices
- Familiar with routing protocols: BGP, OSPF
- Experience with network security concepts and design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users.
- The ability to work as part of a cross discipline team.
- Minimal travel requirements
- The ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with internal work order/ticketing system.
Work will primarily be conducted in an office environment; travel may be required to district and field offices and/or oil and gas production facilities, with the occasional need to wear personal protective equipment. Position requires the ability to frequently communicate information and to manage the possible stress of an office environment. Work may include being stationary for long periods of time, with occasional movement about the office. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds is required. Position requires constant operation and viewing of a computer screen and other office machinery.
Denbury offers full benefits from first day of employment and a 9/80 work schedule.
Location Type: Corporate (Plano)
Location: Plano, TX, 75024
Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Welcome to Denbury. A different kind of Oil Company.
Denbury Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas company with 230.2 MMBOE of estimated proved oil and natural gas reserves as of December 31, 2019, of which 98% is oil. Our operations are focused in two key operating areas: The Gulf Coast and Rocky Mountain regions. Our goal is to increase the value of our properties through a combination of exploitation, drilling and proven engineering extraction practices, with the most significant emphasis relating to carbon dioxide enhanced oil recovery operations.
Our employees are our most valued resource. We recognize that it is their ideas, passion and collective effort that produce winning results. Denbury attracts outstanding Talent, provides them with advanced technology and is committed to their future development. We offer challenging work to increase skills and experience.
To become part of our organization, you must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Denbury adheres to a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace and as such all employees are subject to post-accident and random drug and alcohol screenings. Some positions require successful completion of pre-employment physical examinations and/or the wearing and use of personal protective equipment (respirators, FR clothing, protective eye wear, hearing protection, head protection, protective footwear, etc).
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas