|Date Posted||June 18, 2021|
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 25 years' of experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Cyber Security Analyst for a contract opening with one of our clients located in: Charlotte, NC or St Petersburg, FL
**Location is Charlotte or St. Pete; will be remote with travel to generation sites.***
- This position will support the Regulated and Renewable Energy (RRE) Cybersecurity program.
- The Generation Cybersecurity organization provides direct service and support to all of RRE generating stations (6 states, 4 operating regions, 90 generating stations) to ensure compliance with the Client enterprise cybersecurity requirements, respond to cybersecurity threats and events and management of the RRE cybersecurity program.
- The RRE cybersecurity program includes all infrastructure asset security including but not limited to RRE firewalls, endpoint protection, distributed control systems (DCS), patching, antivirus protections, account management, cyber asset inventory and security management baselines.
- The analyst is responsible for day-to-day activities in support of the cybersecurity program and policies.
- This may include maintenance (patching and upgrades), support of new installations, response to identified threats and vulnerabilities, and other items, as directed.
- The associate analyst will perform work to support overall grid stability based on implementation of the RRE cybersecurity program.
- The analyst will work closely with RRE NERC Compliance personnel to ensure NERC CIP regulatory compliance is maintained.
- The analyst will also contribute to ongoing development and revision of the RRE Cybersecurity Program intended to maintain a strong security posture.
- This may include development and/or revision of program documentation as well as participation in design and implementation of projects that impact security.
- This position requires understanding of the integrated generating plant systems and processes to secure plant cyber assets.
- This analyst demonstrates an understanding of the impact of cyber security processes on generating systems and the overall electric grid.
- Requires travel regionally to support RRE stations.
- Perform day-to-day activities in support of cybersecurity program and policies.
- This may include maintenance (patching/upgrade), support of new installations or upgrades, and other items as directed.
- Assist in development and revision of the ongoing strategy of the RRE Cyber Security Program
- Assess and respond to complex distributed control system (DCS) cyber security events and incidents
- Contribute to generation cybersecurity project teams and other efforts
- Bachelors degree in Cybersecurity or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Bachelors degree in Engineering
- In addition to required degree, 2 years related work experience
- In lieu of Bachelors degree(s) AND 2 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 6 year(s) related work experience
- In addition to desired degree, 4 years related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Working Knowledge of NERC CIP regulations
- Working Knowledge of network architecture and firewall security
- Ability to troubleshoot network switches and routers on power generation station DCS and data networks
- ***Travel involved: Yes, will be in the range of 150 miles maximum, involves travel across all our RRE stations in the region. Most within 3 hours or less. Personal vehicle is acceptable***
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you're eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans